As the screen fades to black, we are in a farmhouse in the predominately Finnish mining town of Sudbury, Ontario, Canada in 1915 - listening to the sounds of a woman in labor, and the wail of a baby (Mikey) taking its first breath of life.
As a young girl, Mikey feels that she doesn’t belong with "people." Ignored by her mother and barely looked after by the family maid, she creates a world of her own, nourished by the Finnish folklore that defines and sustains her grandmother ("Mothergranny"), her one "connection" to the time and place in which she finds herself.
Then Mothergranny dies. Will Mikey follow? Or has Mothergranny's spirit prepared her to finally bloom where she is planted?
GENRE, TIME & FORMAT:
- Film Genre: drama
- Running Time: 21.30 min.
- Format: 35mm
- Shooting Format: Panavision G2 with anamorphic zoom lens 45-90mm
- Movie theaters, organizations, associations, clubs & other entities interested in arranging for a a public or private showing of sorry wrong planet on a big screen, please contact Marita Ensio Robinson, executive producer, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Book: Martta Maria Aho Ensio (check out this link for background on sorry/wrong planet - author and book
- Executive Producer: Marita Ensio Robinson
- Directed by: Marcus Robinson
- Associate Producers: Sari Miettinen and Stefan Randstrom
- Director of Photography: Nicholas Greenland
- Screenplay: Marcus Robinson and Marita Ensio Robinson
- Translation: Borje Vahamaki
- Sound Designer: Scott Purdy
- Costume Designer: Jennifer Bunt
- Artists' Agency Inquiries: Marcus Robinson
- Distribution Inquiries : Marita Ensio Robinson
FESTIVAL SCREENINGS & AWARDS:
- March 23-26, 2006: Canadian Filmmakers' Festival - Best Short
- March 12-26, 2006: San Luis Obispo International Film Festival - finalist, George Sydney Independent Film Competition
- September 20-25, 2005: official selection, Palm Springs International Festival of Short Films
- September 16-18, 2005: Bay Street Film Festival - voted #4 in "Top 10 Audience Favorites"